- Are you looking to build a career in media or journalism?
- Or do you have a background in working in communications?
- Maybe you are looking for a rewarding volunteering opportunity in your sport?
If this sounds like you then the Marathon Racing Committee and British Canoeing would be interested in discussing media volunteer opportunities with you
As part of Stronger Together – the new strategic plan for British Canoeing – improving the profile of paddlesport and communications throughout the sport is one of the 11 ambitions in the strategy.
In order to achieve this ambition British Canoeing, in partnership with the discipline committees, is looking to recruit media volunteers and build capacity to create more reports, features and stories.
What we are looking for:
The ideal candidate would currently be involved in canoe marathon and be knowledgeable about the sport, either as a competitor, parent or club volunteer. The candidate would potentially have:
- A background working in a communications role, public relations or the media.
- Or is studying, or planning to study, a media related course and is looking for practical experience.
- Or is enthusiastic to try and learn new skills and take on a different challenge.
What the role will require:
- Initially the role is to report on major races taking place throughout the season, including National Championships and Hasler Finals. This would involve writing a race report, interviews with competitors and social media activity.
- There would also be an opportunity to write features on competitors and clubs within the marathon community.
What you will receive in return:
- Training and guidance from the British Canoeing communications team
- Travel and subsistence expenses
- A member of a proposed British Canoeing communications group, comprising executive staff members and volunteers from other disciplines.
- Your name printed as the reporter on British Canoeing and Marathon Racing channels.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact Robert Knott, Head of Marketing and Communications at British Canoeing at Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org