On behalf of Paul Ratcliffe, Performance Director and Mike Chandler Head of Performance Coaching, British Canoeing we would like to invite you to a racing seminar for all coaches across the country on November 11th 2017
The seminar designed with some of our club coaches will be a mixture of interactions including presentations and coaching discussions to keep building and spreading our knowledge across the sport to help continuously improve our athletes.
We’re still working on logistics for the day but I can share some early thoughts on the agenda, which is likely to include:
- Welcome and update on the Sprint programme with Paul Ratcliffe
- A session on the philosophy and understanding of building successful crew boats with Rene Olsen
- Understanding the Technical Model of Forward Paddling
- Insight and Q&A into understanding the training principles that have produced some of our recent junior medallists and Olympic successes
- Strength and Conditioning for the developing Athlete
The seminar will be free to attend and a venue will be confirmed in due course, but will be easily accessible from the M25 and M40 as this is most central to clubs.
We’d love for you to join us to help keep improving this sport together. There will be up to 100 places available and please let Mike Chandler know by email above if you wish to take part by Friday 29th September. If clubs decide to send one email with attendees then please send me the list including full name and email address for all those who wish to join us. If clubs decide to send one email with attendees then please send me the list including full name and email address for all those who wish to join us.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon
Paul and Mike