The MRC, and Reading CC have decided that it will not be possible, at this stage, to run the national “return to racing” event provisionally planned for 4th October.
While it may be possible to run a format which limits the size of groups racing, ensuring that national events are COVID-safe “on the bank” is more complicated. The riverside at Reading is publicly owned and open to the public. Events which do not involve national or cross-regional travel, or where large on-the-bank gatherings can be avoided, also constitute a lower risk while the virus still needs to be controlled.
The MRC is nevertheless working with Regional Marathon Advisors to identify ways we can get clubs racing each other again, even if at a local level at this stage.