Regional Marathon Advisers are elected within each region by its marathon-racing clubs.
The purpose of the Adviser is to assist in all matters relating to marathon racing in his/her region, but especially with regard to the Hasler and Geoff Sanders Trophy series. A fuller description can be downloaded here.
The process for a region to select an RMA is as follows:-
- The RMA to be elected each year by a majority vote of marathon racing clubs in that region (one vote per club).
- The election to be organised by the current RMA, inviting nominations from clubs during September and October, in order that a simple vote can then take place and the name of the RMA notified to MRC for posting on the website.
- The current RMA can be re-elected any number of times.
- RMA to hold office for one year from January 1 to December 31 (this to allow current RMA to handle Hasler Final paperwork) with the intention that there be a handover period from election to January 1.
- Current RMA to notify MRC Secretary of RMA’s name by December 1 each year.
Current Regional Advisors are as follows:-
Danny Beazley, 15 Gilbey Crescent, Stansted, Essex, CM24 8DS
Tel: 07912 741898
LONDON & SE
Jim Rossiter, 101 Whyteleafe Road, Caterham, Surrey, CR3 5EJ.
Tel: 01883 346631
Phil Roberts, 39 Thomas Av. Stone, Staffs. ST15 8FG.
Tel: 07710 610515
Brian Chapman, 193 Binniehill Road, Balloch, Cumbernauld, Scotland, G68 9JH.
Tel: 01236 457081
Ollie Harding, 12 Maidenhead Court Park, Maidenhead SL68HN
Tel: 01628 626795
WEST & EAST MIDLANDS
Mick Nadal, 8, Melton Grove, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7NX
Tel: 0115 914 1824
David Jefferies, 37 Talbot Avenue, Huddersfield, HD3 3BQ
Tel: 01484 435862