Applications are invited for an independent member of the Sprint Racing International Panel. A description of the role is available on the link below:
Role description for independent member of Canoe Sprint/Paracanoe International Panel
A link to the British Canoeing application process for this role can be found here
Please note that the deadline for applications for this role is 5th January
A recent occurrence of Weil’s disease diagnosed in an East Midlands canoeist has resulted in British Canoeing issuing a reminder to members of the dangers of this disease and how to recognise and respond to a possible infection. See the detailed advice by clicking the link below:
Weil’s disease advice
See a report on the trophy presentations at the recent ACM by following the link below:
Trophy presentations at 2018 ACM
At the recent Sprint Racing Annual Consultative Meeting the winner of the Junior Canoeist of the Year was announced. Emma Russell from Chelmsford Canoe Club is the 2018 Junior Racing Canoeist of the Year. Emma was unfortunately not able to attend the Trophy Presentation Ceremony to receive the award on the day but will be presented with the trophy at a later date.
The draft selection policy for canoe sprint 2019 has now been published and can be seen at the following link:
2019 draft selection policy
The same page has links to allow for feedback on the Junior/U23 and, separately, the Senior draft policies.
The link below lists all of the trophies to be presented at this year’s ACM together with the names of those who will be making the presentations.
ACM 2018 Trophy Presenations
The Annual Consultative Meeting (ACM) to mark the end of the 2018 racing season will be held at Wey Kayak Club on 13th October 2018. The meeting will start at 3pm with Trophy Presentations at 4:30pm.
A full pack of reports for the ACM is available on the link below.
ACM document pack
The next England Sprint Talent Programme Profiling event will be taking place on Tuesday 23rd October at the National Water Sports Centre, Nottingham. Profiling is open to any kayak paddlers who are in Boys/Girls Division B or above and any Canoe paddlers.
Paddlers will need to register for profiling through the link here. Any athlete wishing to attend the Sprint Profiling will need to register their interest by completing this form by noon on Friday 19th October 2018. Please Note: No entries will be accepted on the day.
If any England Sprint Talent Programme athletes are not able to attend then your squad coach can arrange a suitable time for you to be tested.
An updated version of the Official Results from the September Regatta has been published.
1809 Official Results v2
- 1 extra promotion
- The Best Performance awards
- The top ten clubs for the National Medal table
- The Paddle-Ability trophies and medals
These are also available from the Current Year page.
The Best Performance awards for the 2018 season, selected by the Sprint Racing Committee, have just been announced. Congratulations to all of the winning paddlers. These will be presented at the social event following the SRC ACM on the 13th October.
- Dexter Trophy: Best Men B performance at the National Championships Nicky Cresser (NOT)
- Lee & Joan Davies: Best Womens B at the National Championships Melissa Johnson (CLM)
- Femina Trophy: Womens A meritorious performance at the National Championships Rachel Cawthorn (WEY)
- Adjutants Cup: Best Canoe Junior Boy performance at the National Championships Thomas Lambert (LEE)
- Skinner Salver: Best Canoe Junior Girls best performance at the National Championships awarded jointly to Alix Aitchison (IND) & Charlotte Carey (IND)
- Jones Cup Junior Racing Canoeist of the Year: Voted for by the Junior GB team athletes to be announced at the ACM