Annual Consultative Meeting – Saturday 2nd September 2017 – National Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham – 75 minutes after the last race on Saturday evening.
All affiliated Canoe Sprint Racing clubs can nominate 1 member to represent their club and vote on behalf of their club. The club representative must be a fully paid-up British Canoeing member.
To speed up the checking-in the process, where each representative’s membership is validated before any voting takes place, can the club representative please bring their BC membership card with them to present at the meeting.
and, to allow time for athletes to consider this, have extended the application deadline by 1 week.
Athletes should now register their interest by completing the TASS application form by Friday 25th August 2017.
British Canoeing have updated Appendix A of the
Pre-ordered T-shirts are £10 or £12 on the day. Polo shirts are £15.
If teams/groups order in bulk they will have the option to personalise the tops.
The SuPer SePtember events are:
- 2nd/3rd September – Sprint and Paracanoe National Championships
- 9th/10th September – Canoe Polo National Championships
- 16th/17th September – British Open (slalom, rafting and more)
- 24th September – Marathon Hasler Final
- 31st/1st Sept/Oct – Freestyle European Open
Further information about the events is available here: https://www.britishcanoeing.org.uk/competition/british-canoeing-event-series/ .
T-shirts and Polo shirts commemorating British Canoeing’s SuPer SePtember events are now available to buy online from HydraSports:
TASS aims to support English athletes to fulfil their sporting potential and to meet their academic and vocational goals, through a dual process which creates a genuine balance between sport and education.
The British Canoeing TASS Programme will be positioned to support aspiring and committed English U23 athletes that are studying at recognised higher education institutions. Any athlete wishing to be considered for TASS for 2017-18 is invited to consider the Inclusion Policy and register their subsequent interest by completing the TASS application form by Friday 18th August 2017.
British Canoeing is proud to announce that they have been awarded 20 Talented Athlete Scholarship Scheme (TASS) places across Slalom and Sprint for 2017/18.
Annual Consultative Meeting – Saturday 2nd September 2017 – National Water Sports Centre, Holme Pierrepont, Nottingham
The Sprint Racing Section’s Annual Consultative Meeting will be 75 minutes after the last race of the National and Open Paracanoe, Senior and Junior Championships Regatta on Saturday 2nd September 2017.
Each year, the Chairman of the Sprint Racing Committee (SRC) is elected for one year and committee members are elected for a period of 2 years by the representatives from sprint clubs.
Anyone interested in standing for election to the SRC, or as Chairman, needs to send a nomination supported by the signatures of two full individual British Canoeing members, to reach the SRC Secretary no later than the 1st August 2017.
Likewise, any issues for discussion at the ACM need to be submitted in writing, supported by the signatures of two full individual British Canoeing members, again to reach the SRC Secretary no later than 1st August 2017.
If you are interested in joining the SRC, you are welcome to have a chat with Cathy Wynne, Secretary, or Alan Laws, Chairman, at the regatta next week. Ask for them at the Regatta Secretary’s Desk.
Mrs Cathy Wynne
Secretary, BC Sprint Racing Committee
40 Bramble Close, Hildenborough, Tonbridge, Kent TN11 9HQ
The Sprint and Marathon International Panels would like to clarify the following points regarding the selection process for the 2017 ICF Canoe Sprint Senior World Championships, 2017 ECA Canoe Sprint Senior European Championships and the 2017 ICF World Canoe Marathon Championships.
- Nominations for selection for the 5K events at the 2017 ICF Canoe Sprint Senior World Championships and the ECA Canoe Sprint European Championships will be primarily based on results of the 5K events at the 2017 June National Regatta.
- Nominations for selection for all other ICF Canoe Sprint Senior World Championships and ECA Canoe Sprint European Championships events will be primarily based on results at the 2017 July National Regatta.
- To be eligible for selection for the ICF World Canoe Marathon Championships, it is not a requirement that athletes compete at the ECA European Canoe Marathon Championships. This applies to the Junior, U23 and Senior categories.
Chair of the Canoe Sprint International Panel
Chair of the Canoe Marathon International Panel