Congratulations to Taylor Natalie Spenser-Winyard and Emily Webb, both HPP, who have been promoted to Womens B. The official results have been updated.
5km races at the June 2017 National Regatta
The U23 classes have now been added to the Senior Mens and Womens A/B classes for the K1 5km races. U23 paddlers can now enter for these races in the online entries system. An updated version of the schedule is attached. Apologies for this oversight on our part.
Similar to the K2 LD events held at the May 2017 regatta:
- The course will be 1 large lap (after 1000m start) and 2 small laps (before 500m start).
- Boats are to be sprint weight (12kg) and the first 4 boats from each event will be called for Boat Control.
- From the Start, competitors may deviate from their lane after the first 150m, (in line with the Score Board after passing the Control Tower) providing they do not impede other competitors.
- The fee for Late Entries on the day will be the standard late entry fee of £12.
Please note that these 5km races do not count towards the MacGregor points.
British Canoeing have announced the senior squad for the World Cup series and the junior squad for the development international in Piešťany.
Please follow this link for the BC news article: British Canoeing sprint squads confirmed for World Cup series.
The full squad lists can be found here: World Cup and Piešťany squad lists
Here are the unofficial results of the four long distance races that took place on Sunday 7th May 2017 at the May 2017 National Canoe Sprint Regatta:
The official results will be included in the official results pack, when published in the next few days.
The Sprint Squad List – Summer 2017, for the England Talent Programme, is now available below. It can also be accessed on the British Canoeing website Talent Programme – Sprint page where you will also find an explanation of the England Talent Pathway:
Notice for Team Leaders and competitors in the marathon 5km K2 assessment races:
For those paddlers taking part in the 5km assessment races, the Marathon Racing Committee has confirmed:
- the course will be 1 large lap to the 1000m mark and 2 small laps to the 500m mark,
- boats are to be sprint weight (18kg) not marathon weight,
- entries on the day will be charged a late entry fee of £19 rather than £14 if entered pre-regatta.
Notice for Team Leaders:
We are extending the entries deadline for the May 2017 regatta by 24 hours to Thursday 20 April 2017 at 23:59.
Unfortunately, we are still awaiting a fix for the bug that is stopping you entering crew boats for Masters events. There are also a few other small bugs impacting one or two clubs, which we are also trying to clear. I will advise the impacted clubs as soon as these are resolved.