British Canoeing has published the new Canoe Sprint Performance Strategy, which sets out
the vision and ambitions for the sport over the next six years
British Canoeing and the sprint racing community have come together to determine the
changes needed, in order to build a system which will deliver greater and more consistent
The publication of the new strategy is the culmination of this work delivered, through the
formation of the Sprint Performance Strategy Group, the creation of task & finish and focus
groups involving a range of stakeholders and two consultations with the racing community.
The long-term strategy sets out the vision and ambitions for canoe sprint for the next six
years to 2028, through 10 key performance indicators, the philosophies and values that will
underpin the strategy and the coordination that will be required for delivery across the UK.
The strategy also contains the following six key action plans for the next four years to 2025:
• Providing the best possible athlete experiences
• Developing a broader base of talent
• Developing a community of engaged coaches
• Providing competitions which increase participation and develop talent
• Improving the use of insight and the sharing of knowledge
• Building a strong sense of community and inclusion
The Canoe Sprint Performance Strategy 2022-2028 is available in PDF format here.